Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Right about now . . .

Today marks the beginning of my fifth week here in Delhi. In my time here on the other side of the world I've seen many things. The more positive elements can be described with words like "glorious," "breathtaking," "life-changing." The less positive elements arouse feelings of horror, pity, and overall confusion.

The goal of this page is to document my experience here India, with a keen interest in outlining the reasons that many journalists call this place a "country of dichotomies."

However, don't be quick to judge this as haughty observations of some self-loving angrezi (the cook's name for me, as "Ryan" has apparently proven too complex. It literally translates to the noun "British", but is used colloquially to mean "foreigner") with an overinflated sense of self importance. I'm primarily going to use this as an outlet for any and all observations I have over the next couple of months-- some may be serious in nature, but most (like many things I do) will inevitably be perceived as foolish. Stick around, as I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

No comments: